Why Pay to Play?™
Jörðgarð™ is a product of the Vintyri™ Project, a subsidiary of Steigerwald EDV Verlag. Jörðgarð, the Vintyri Project, Dungeons Daring™ and Steigerwald EDV™ Verlag are trademarks of Steigerwald EDV Verlag. This entire website is Copyright © 2003-2011, Steigerwald EDV Verlag, all rights reserved.
Use and Redistribution of Jörðgarð Products per OGL
The Open Game License below is written in legalese and is difficult for some to understand. Here is a simple explanation of what you can and can't do with Jörðgarð material downloaded here or obtained elsewhere:
· 1. Jörðgarð and all other products of the Vintyri Project are under copyright protection. Use of our copyrighted material is allowed solely under the Open Game License Version 1.0a.
· 2. The Open Game License allows you to further distribute only that material which is defined as Open Game Content.
· 3. The Open Game License prohibits your further distribution of all material identified as Product Identity. In addition, crediting the Vintyri Project without our specific permission is prohibited by Paragraph 11 of the Open Game License.
· 4. All trademarks of Steigerwald EDV Verlag are Product Identity. These trademarks include Jörðgarð, Joerdhgardh, Dungeons Daring, Vintyri, Why Pay to Play? and Steigerwald EDV.
· 5. Some products of the Vintyri Project contain other material that is marked as Product Identity. In most cases these are photographs and other graphical material that are not the property of the Vintyri Project. The Vintyri Project is licensed to use this material but does not have the legal right to distribute such material as Open Game Content.
· 6. All material not listed in Paragraphs 5 and 6 above and not otherwise specifically identified as Product Identity is Open Game Content.
· 7. There is a legal doctrine that is valid in the United States of America and some other jurisdictions known as fair use. This doctrine allows the use of a very small amount of copyrighted material without permission under certain circumstances. In agreeing to the terms of the Open Game Content, particularly regarding Product Identity, you relinquish any fair use rights to which you might otherwise be entitled.
· 8. If you use any of our material in any material which you distribute, you must include a copy of the OGL as it appears below, unchanged with one exception. The only mention you can (and must) make of our trademarks is the inclusion of our copyright statement in Section 15 of the OGL.
· The one exception is that you must add your own copyright statement to Section 15 of this version of the OGL.
· You may not declare our Open Game Content or material of your own making that includes elements of our Open Game Content as Product Identity. Any such material that you create and/or distribute must be Open Game Content.
· You may charge money for your distribution, even if it consists only of our material
Open Game License
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright © 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", "Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the enact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the enact tent of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
· Open Game License v 1.0a, Copyright © 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
· System Reference Document, Copyright © 2000-2008, Wizards of the Coast Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Rich Baker, Andy Collins, David Noonan, Rich Redman, Bruce R. Cordell, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.
· Dungeons Daring™ Open Game Content Reference Document, 2nd Edition Version 2.0, Copyright © 2000-2011, the Vintyri Project™, Copyright © 2001-2013, Steigerwald EDV Verlag™.
· Jörðgarð™ Game Masters Guide, Copyright © 2003-13, Steigerwald EDV Verlag.
· Jörðgarð™ Atlas, Copyright 2003-13, Steigerwald EDV Verlag™.
· Jörðgarð™ Urð's Heimskringla, Copyright © 2003-13, Steigerwald EDV Verlag.
· Jörðgarð™ The Northwest, Copyright © 2003-13, Steigerwald EDV Verlag.
END OF LICENSE